How to cure the Kamstrup Omnipower meter hick-up (meter stops pushing data)
Obtaining API token from Entso-E
Pow-K+ and the newest version Pow-U equipped with ESP32 microcontroller can read and display hourly energy prices.
The data source is the non-commercial EU-financed page https://transparency.entsoe.eu/
You can register and obtain API token free of charge, and here is the procedure:
- Go to https://transparency.entsoe.eu/ and click "Login" in upper right corner.
- A new window opens, click on "Register" at the bottom. Fill in your email and select a password, which must be at least 14 character long and must contain at least one special character (other than letter, digit or '@').
- You'll receive an email requesting you to confirm activation. Click the link in the email, and you're logged in.
- So far so good - normal stuff.
Now you need to send them an email to request API token, that information is somewhat hidden in paragraph 2 on this page .
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Restful API access” in the subject line. Indicate the email address you entered during registration in the email body. The ENTSO-E Helpdesk will make their best efforts to respond to your request within 3 working days.
- They will normally respond next working day, I guess 3 days is to be on the safe side.
When you receive answer from them, there will be a button on your "My account settings" page. Click it to generate API token.
Open the main page of your Pow device, go to Configuration / ENTSO-E API, copy in your API token. Select your price region (see below map, contact your electricity company if in doubt).
Note that there is a multiplicator on this config page which you can use to simulate/approximate VAT and other taxes added to the system price.
Leave a comment
Restful API accessBy: Marcel van de Kant On 31-Jul-2023
I would like to receive an API key for the energy prices
Replied by: Egil Opsahl On 24-Aug-2023
HTTP error when trying to download dataBy: Olivier benrubi On 31-Mar-2023
Helloe, I am wondering why I now get this.
HTTPError: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://transparency.entsoe.eu/api?documentType=A75&processType=A16&in_Domain=10YMK-MEPSO----8&securityToken=07e8c52b-36c2-43f3-b816-1268f953c7cf&periodStart=202301312300&periodEnd=202302282200
Replied by: Egil Opsahl On 13-Jun-2023