How to cure the Kamstrup Omnipower meter hick-up (meter stops pushing data)
One-click upgrade is not working
We made firmware upgrade easy by implementing the one-click solution:
Whenever a new firmware release is available, an indicator is shown on the header bar of the main page:
Just click the red message, and the upgrade is done - quick an easy!
However, this sometimes fails. It is seldom, but it happens.The device is just stuck on this message, and does not finish the upgrade:
There could be several reasons why it fails, but could usually be attributed to delays in the internet connection - or to the main page not being refreshed correctly.
Thy these steps if the device is stuck:
- Refresh the page by pressing F5, and check if the device was after all updated.
- If not, try again. The problem could have been slow access to the download server.
- If repeated attempts fail, proceed to a manual update via USB cable
Manual update via USB cable
- Go to the Github releases page.
- Download the *.bin file. You need to find the *.bin file that is built for the microcontroller used by your device. Using the wrong file will result in a non-working device! (It will be recoverable, but will give you a quite bit of extra work.)
- Most users shall use this file: ams2mqtt-esp32s2-2.2.20.bin
- Old devices with ESP8266 shall use this file: ams2mqtt-esp8266-2.2.20.bin
- Go to the Info-page and press this button:
- Select the downloaded file and wait for the upgrade to finish.